Pathways: The Vientiane College General English Program is designed for long-term, systematic development of English language and critical thinking skills and is the start of Pathways to the Diploma Program.
A wide range of classes and levels are available each term. A short placement test will tell you which class is most suitable for your personal needs.
The Vientiane College General English Program offers classes at these levels every term:
- PRE - A one-stage course designed to provide lower level students with a solid foundation in English.
- Global Beginner - The Global Beginner program is a four-stage course for lower elementary students.
- Global Elementary - The Global Elementary program is a four-stage course which prepares students for international pre-intermediate level studies.
- Global Pre-Intermediate - The Global Pre-Intermediate program is a five-stage course which prepares students for international intermediate level studies.
- Global Intermediate - The Global Intermediate program is a five-stage course which prepares intermediate level students for higher level learning and the Diploma Program.
Classroom activities are designed to build the ability to think critically and globally about a range of topics.
Throughout the program, students are taught to develop the learning strategies they need to become effective, independent learners who can reflect on and self-direct their study.
On completing the General English Program students should have developed the language, critical thinking and learning skills required for progression into the Vientiane College Diploma Program.